Friday, 28 April 2017

Barcelona’s Leo Messi reveals the only player he asked for‎ shirt


Barcelona legend Lionel Messi has revealed the one player who he has asked to swap shirts with over the course of his entire career. The identity of the individual in question will likely not thrill too many Barcelona fans, but who could argue against requesting the shirt of a World Cup, Champions League and Ballon D’Or winner?

In an interview with Spanish publication Invictos, Messi admitted that once in his career, presumably back in 2005, he asked a player to swap shirts. And interestingly the footballer played for Barcelona’s bitter rivals, Real Madrid.
‘I don’t ask for shirts. If there is an Argentine, I will swap with an Argentine.’
‘If not and there is someone else that asks me, I will swap it with them. If not, I do not look and do not ask. I asked, once…I asked Zidane.’
 The incident in question came following a Clasico matchup between the bitter rivals, with the young Argentine having only just broken into the first team squad at Camp Nou. Zidane, on the other hand, was in the twilight of his career and retired shortly after.