Tuesday, 1 December 2015

Lewandowski's five-goal haul recognised for four records

Robert Lewandowski's five-goal haul in nine minutes in Bayern Munich's victory over Wolfsburg this season has earned him four world records.

Lewandowski now holds the record for the fastest Bundesliga hat-trick, the quickest four goals in a Bundesliga match, the fastest five goals in a Bungesliga fixture and most goals scored by a substitute in a Bundesliga contest.

Upon receiving the awards from Guinenss World Records, Lewandowski said: "When you are a young player I never dared to dream about something like this, to score five goals in nine minutes. But it happened. I did it. "I don't know if anybody else will be able to repeat this. I never thought about it, but I did it. Everything has to come together; timing, luck, fitness, form and the match itself.
"Of course I would like it if this was never to be repeated again. In this moment I am just happy that these four records belong to me now."
The Pole has scored 14 top-flight goals this season to help champions Bayern to the summit, unbeaten in 14 league matches.