Saturday, 25 October 2014

South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria


The $15m earlier seized from some Nigerians by the South African Government had been released to Nigeria said the The South African Ambassador to Nigeria, Lulu Mnguni, in a news conference on Friday

Recall that the South African Government had, on September 5, 2014, seized $9.3m cash belonging to Nigeria and a month later seized another $5.7m, claiming that both funds were to be used for illegal purchase of arms.

However, Nigeria’s National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, said the transactions were legal, urging the South African Government to stop actions that could degenerate to a diplomatic showdown.

The South African Ambassador stressed that,“South Africa’s relation with Nigeria is priceless; it cannot be sold for $15m".