Sunday, 19 October 2014

News: Less than 24hrs after ceasefire, Boko Haram attacks Borno.

Barely 24 hours after a ceasefire agreement was reached by the Federal Government and the Boko Haram sect, the terrorist group attacked two villages in Borno State.
Boko Haram fighters
The Nigerian government had on friday announced that a ceasefire deal between the Islamic sect and the military had been  brokered.
The Nigerian Flag
    


The Boko Haram fighters reportedly, stormed Maikadiri in Abadam Local Government Area on Friday evening in two pick-up and started shooting into homes.
A member of the local vigilance group, Adam Kolo, in a telephone interview with a Punch Newspaper correspondent in Maiduguri on Saturday, said the sect had shown that there was no ceasefire with the latest attack.

Also in a renewed attack on Shaffa, Hawul Local Government Area, south of Borno on Saturday morning, scores of Boko Haram insurgents rode to a village near the town in the early hours of the day, shooting indiscriminately. Eight people were killed, according to a resident, Elijah Msheliza. 

He told our correspondents that many of the residents of the town had fled into the bush.
Msheliza said, “There was pandemonium in Shaffa as Boko Haram invaded the nearby village, shooting at everybody at sight. We had to flee into the bush and, as I am talking to you, many of us are taking refuge in the bush.”
The Federal Government have not commented on the renewed attack.

Boko Haram fighters
The Nigerian Coat of Arm